Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Part 2

This friend of mine was studying abroad in California and was accompanied by her sister who was a year older than herself. The sisters came from a very strict family, but somehow managed to convince their parents to study abroad. It wasn't that their parents did not trust them, it was more like, they did not trust the people around them.


Now, how about we call these two girls..


Sara: TODAY'S THE DAY MY SWEET SISTAAAA! L.A., HERE WE COOME!


Mariam: Sktee, I'm still in shock! I can't believe OUR parents gave us permission to travel to CALIFORNIA on our OWN.


Sara: I know! I mean, who would EVER believe that!?


Mom: Bu Sul6an, ta3al shoof banatk t5abln! Min al7eena yirmsoon engleezee!


Dad: Hahaha! Yalla banat, jahzeen?


Sara & Mariam turned to face each other and replied with a shriek of excitement. After saying their goodbyes, the girls rushed to the plane as if it was going to take off at any minute.


Lady: I'm sorry ma'am, the plane is not yet ready. It will hopefully be in about 40 minutes *Fake smile*.


Sara: Wiya hal ebtisama. Ashkara FAKE.


Mariam: Saroh emshee, f'9a7teenah.


The girls headed to the lounge, grabbed something to eat and before they knew it, the plane was ready for them. They grabbed their belongings and headed to what they called heaven. Sara, a lot more excited than her younger sister walked right past her in order to reach the gates.


Mariam: Saroh! Enzain wait for me.


Sara: Enti ttma56rain. Yalla emsheee!


The girls reached the gates, placed themselves in their own seats, and waited for the plane to take off. Before they knew it, they had reached..


Sara: HEAVEN ON EARTH! Yalla, let's go see the place we're staying at.


Before Mariam could say anything, Sara literally dragged her, got into the car and were on their way to "University of California", the main setting of this story.


----


Alya: Now can I go to sleep?


Me: I didn't even start the story.


Alya: Mom, it's almost 2:00am, and I'm so tired. Can you continue this tomorrow? Please?


Me: Fine. Goodnight sweety.


I kissed the top of her forehead, shut her lights off and walked back to my room to get a goodnights sleep myself.


Mohammad: Oh, you're still awake. Where have you been?


Me: The kitchen, getting me a glass of milk. Sorry, did I wake you up?


Mohammad: Nah, it's okay. Come, get some sleep or I'll have to face a cranky you tomorrow morning, and trust me, cranky you is frightening.


And so, I walked back to bed with a smile on my face and laid right next to my husband.


----

Stay tuned,
xoxo.











No comments:

Post a Comment